Meresborough Books, Rainham, rep., 1982. (Viii) + 142 pp., frontis., vignette to t-p, plus many other photographs, sketches, maps, etc. Pict. laminated boards. 21 x 15cm. FINE. First published in 1978, this is the history of a village situated on Conyer Creek off the Kentish Swale where Josia Bird and Alfred Marconi White built Thames & Medway sailing barges between 1866 and 1914. The author describes Conyer and some of its characters, the oyster fisheries, the barge trade, brickmaking at the Conyer Field, Coastguards, and the Conyer-built barges themselves. Illustrated with many photographs and sketches.