Terence Dalton Ltd., Lavenham., 1st ed., 1992. 199 pp., numerous photo-ills. D.j., 23 x 18cm. FINE. Formerly established in the fields of iron-founding and wood-working since 1797, Boulton & Paul were called upon to enter the aircraft manufacturing business during the First World War. Post-war the company decided to construct aircraft of their own design. Contracts for military aircraft were won from the Air Ministry and civil aeroplanes were designed and constructed also, but only with limited success. With the approach of World War II the company was hived off and amalgamated with Aircraft Technical Services to form Boulton-Paul Aircraft and a new factory was built in Wolverhampton. With the return of peace, the company became involved with research until it was taken over in 1961. However, Boulton & Paul of Norwich continued to expand after the departure of the aircraft division. This is the story of a company spanning almost 200 years and of their achievements in aviation.