Printed by Harrison & Sons, Ltd., St. Martin’s Lane, WC2. 1st.ed., Not Published, 1928. 57 pp. P.c., 34 x 21cm. Slightly frayed covers ; staples rusty ; pencil annotations & markings (this is a dockyard book) o/w V.G. In 1928, Trinity House put out for tender the building of a 170-foot twin-screw steamer to be capable of remaining at sea in all weathers or lying in harbour on a hard sandy bottom when loaded and with boilers and bunkers full, without straining – to be extra-strongly constructed and under Trinity House Survey. A tipped in letter from Trinity House, dated 3rd July 1928, informs Messrs. Philip & Son of Dartmouth that their tender had not been successful. The vessel, when built in 1929, became the WARDEN, based at Swansea. She went on to take part at D-Day. Six Trinity House tenders,ALERT,DISCOVERY II,PATRICIA,GEORGES DE JOLY,ANDRE BLONDEL and WARDENwere assembled in the Solent three weeks prior to D-Day, in order to be loaded with their first consignment of buoys to mark the swept lanes for the assault forces and the subsequent passage of some 7,500 vessels. This operation was repeated until all the necessary stations had been established. This Specification of 1928 provides details of every aspect of her construction from her hull, decks & bridge ; to her fittings, brass work and coat-of-arms. The WARDEN, later stationed at Great Yarmouth, gave her owners good service until broken up in 1959.