Dublin, 1st.ed., 2003. (iii) + 236 pp., many photo-ills., facsimiles, drawings, maps, tables, etc. Pict. c.c., 21 z 15cm. FINE. The full-rigger TAYLEUR was built at Warrington on the banks of the upper Mersey in 1853 for Liverpool owners, for employment in the emigrant trade to Australia. Passengers assembled in Liverpool from all over Britain, Ireland and across Europe, hoping for a new life on the other side of the world. In January 1854 the TAYLEUR sailed from Liverpool under charter to White Star Line, bound for Melbourne with 652 passengers and crew on-board. In the Irish Sea the ship encountered a storm and ran onto a reef at Lambay on the coast of Ireland. Only 290 survived – with just three out of the hundred women on-board reaching the shore. In 1957 her wreck was discovered by Irish divers and many artefacts recovered. The author tells the story of this ship from 1853 to the present day.