38 cold. photos 15 x 10cm. each, in plastic sleeves. Photos FINE. The M/V BALMORAL was launched in 1949 for the Red Funnel Line of Southampton for their Isle of Wight service. In 1968 she was acquired by P & A Campbell’s White Funnel fleet, serving the Bristol Channel until 1980. After serving briefly as a floating restaurant at Dundee, she was purchased by the Waverley Steam Navigation Co. for excursions. These 38 coloured photographs were taken by a passenger on such an excursion from Liverpool (c.1990/1991). They show BALMORAL at the ferry Landing Stage on a rainy day ; several views on deck and down below ; her call at Llandudno ; passing Puffin Island ; her main destination at Beaumaris, Anglesey, in the Menai Straits ; the passing of a wreck on her beam-ends ; and the return to the Mersey. The weather did not seem to improve very much, but the passengers seemed determined to enjoy sailing in the wake of the old Liverpool & North Wales steamers that ceased their holiday sailings in the mid-1960s.