Schiffer, Atglen, 1st ed., 1999. 352 pp., numerous photo-ills., + some ills., including some cold. D.j., marbled e.p.'s, 31 x 23cm. A tiny (0.5cm), neat, v-shaped cut to corner of e.p., o/w FINE. This is the story of No.15 / XV Squadron, Royal Flying Corps / Royal Air Force, of the men who served with it and the aircraft it flew. The story begins with the formation of No.15 Squadron, RFC, on the 1st March 1915, at South Farnborough and follows the fates and fortunes of the men and machines who served during the Great War, between December 1915 and December 1919. Reformed in March 1924, the Squadron provided valuable service as part of the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment, for over ten years. Declared a day bomber Squadron in June 1934, No.15 adopted the use of the Roman numerals XV, which are today still carried on its aircraft. In April 1939, the Squadron was adopted by the city of Oxford and was unofficially known as "Oxford's Own." The Second World War brought major expansion and changes in equipment. Battles, Wellingtons, Stirlings and Lancasters all saw service with No. XV Squadron. The post World War II era led to the Squadron being equipped with Avro Lincoln bombers, followed in succession by American built B-29s, known to the RAF as the Washington bomber. The jet age brought in turn the Canberra, Victor, Buccaneer and Panavia Tornado. The text is supported by 17 appendices and nearly 800 black & white and colour photographs from the Squadron's own albums, the Mildenhall Register, the author's collection and many private sources.