Liverpool, 1st ed., 1959. X + 214 pp., frontis., + photo-plates. Original blue cloth ; decorative gilt ills., to front cover with red rose & red strip to spine ; 22 x 14cm. Small owner's sig., & date to f.f.e.p., ' spine a little faded o/w V.G.+. This is a history of the first Liverpool volunteer artillery unit, affectionately known as the 'Old Fourth', from its formation in 1859 through to 1959. During this hundred year period of unbroken 'Volunteer Gunner Service' it spent fifty years as part of the Volunteer Force and fifty years as part of the Territorial Army. It fought overseas alongside the Regular Army in both World Wars, the details of which comprise the majority of this volume. In addition there are nine appendices which include details of a Victoria Cross award and also the Military Medal. In attractive gilt-decorated cloth.