Risca, 1st.ed., 1981. 80 pp., 20 photo-plates + fac. e.p's. D.j., 22 x 15cm. V.G. The REDBROOK was one of the last of the South Wales tramp steamers. Only a few decades earlier the ports of South Wales had been home to vast fleets of ships. REDBROOK began her career during World War II, being built at Belfast in 1942 as the EMPIRE STRENGTH for the Ministry of War Transport's Liner Division. She was placed under the management of Blue Star Line of London, and subsequently entered their fleet as the SAXON STAR. In 1961 she was sold to D. L. Street of Newport, Monmouthshire, and renamed REDBROOK. After four years in the tramp trades she was sold to the Greeks and renamed E. EVANGELLIA and was wrecked in the Black Sea in 1968 becoming a total loss.