Shrewsbury, 1st ed., 1888. 220 pp., + 6 fldg., pp., at end; cold., frontis., + 6 cold., plates. Contemporary red cloth; gilt armorial to front; blind decorative tooling; gilt title to spine; fore-edge uncut; 25 x 16cm. Corrections & annotations mainly to prelims but scattered throughout ; foxing in places o/w V.G. Published in 1888, this is a record of the various troops and corps of yeomanry cavalry in Shropshire since 1795. Included in separate chapters are the following: Market Drayton Troop. Oswestry Rangers. Pimhill Light Horse. North Shropshire Yeomanry Cavalry. Brimstree Loyal Legion. Wrekin Company. Hales Owen Troop. Ludlow and Bishop’s Castle Troops. South Shropshire Yeomanry Cavalry. Shrewsbury, or Second Corps. South Salopian Yeomanry Cavalry. The Shropshire Yeomanry Cavalry. Appendices include lists of Officers, Adjutants, Surgeons, Veterinary Surgeons and Chaplains, all with their dates of commissions. The most striking feature about this book is its lavishly coloured plates, of which there are seven.