Edinburgh & London, 1st ed., 1882. Xviii + 184 pp., frontis., + 8 other plates, 4 of which are cold., & 1 is a photo-plate. Re-backed in light blue cloth with original title pasted down; retaining original navy grain cloth boards; gilt and/or silver armorials to front & back; fore-edge uncut; 21 x 14cm. Corners rubbed; ex-Caledonian United Service Club, Edinburgh, with some stamps, o/w V.G. Beginning with an introductory chapter, this is a history of the Edinburgh, or Queen’s Regiment Light Infantry Militia, from 1588 to 1881, and concluding with an account of the Royal Scots. This is followed by no less than 16 appendices and 10 tables, all of which provide a wealth of information on the Edinburgh regiment who supplied a large proportion of officers and men over the years to the regular army who served with the highest distinction. On becoming the 3rd battalion the Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment), the former Edinburgh County Militia received the honour of being the first in order of precedence with all other infantry militia regiments. This book is illustrated with nine plates, two of which are photographs and four are attractively coloured. Scarce.